South 6 - VMWare Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer
- Install and Administer VMware ESXi and Vcenter.
- Creates virtual machines and VM templates.
- Performing action on advanced features of ESX/ESXi 5/6/6.5, Migrations, HA, DRS, SDRS and Cluster.
- Expert knowledge on configuration and troubleshooting-vSphere and Storage replication.
- Expert in setting up HA/DRS and troubleshooting.
- Hands on command line experience with ESXi and VCSA.
- Analyzing the vCenter,ESXi and VM’s Logs to find root cause.
- Knowledge of managing VRA and VRO with Vcenter as an end point
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience system administration in a multi-vendor environment
- 3+ years of experience with server Implementation, virtualization, and Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Experience with additional VMware solutions such as Horizon, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation, and NSX.
- Intermediate level of experience with storage including the basics like block & file storage, and more advanced concepts such as iSCSI IQN/iSNS and/or fiber channel zoning and SAN administration
- 3+ years of experience with a VMware-centric backup solution; Veeam preferred.
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%
*NOTE; This engagement is remote, depending on customer travel may be required. Must be willing to travel anywhere in the US.