As the company IT expert, the Systems Administrator is a key business partner working with internal stakeholders and outsourced partners to define, implement and maintain the technology road-map in support of evolving business requirements.
This position includes providing strategic direction, maintaining strong internal controls, training team members, designing and implementing searches and reports, managing configuration changes, performing system testing,managing integrations, and meaningfully moving the platform (NetSuite+integrations) forward to always be best in class.
Primary Responsibilities (95%)
Collaborate with key stakeholders across Finance, Operations and Sales/Marketing to maintain and continually enhance business systems, reporting and data analyses (30%)
· Develop IT strategic road-map, provide thought leadership and be subject matter expert for
all IT projects, focused on simple and scalable solutions.
· Communicate with business partners about common frustrations and issues that affect
· Develop or work with developers to build, test and deploy new functionality in support of
evolving business needs
· Assist users in developing/refining their processes to most efficiently and effectively
leverage business systems.
PerformNetSuite Administrator functions such as (40%):
· Create and be leader of NetSuite steering committee to develop and maintain a dedicated
· Customize forms, fields, reports, create saved searches, dashboards, workflows, and
manage employee access/roles.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for NetSuite support.
· Ensure business and functional requirements are properly configured in NetSuite
· Create and execute test plans and tests in Sandbox to be utilized prior to
upgrades,ensuring all functionality works as expected and without interruption.
· Manage implementation, unit testing and user acceptance for new version releases and
· Configure Netsuite integrations with other systems such as web store
(WooCommerce),logistics (RF Smart & PaceJet), reseller systems (Revel, In8Sync),
HR(Ascentis) and customer service tools
· Manage technical and strategic NetSuite vendor relationships, focused on maintaining
partnerships that provide and meet clear expectations.
· Maintain up-to-date documentation of NetSuite functionality, customizations and
integrations, and proactively identify opportunities for process and workflow
Perform Systems Administrator functions, such as (25%):
· Coordinate end user help desk support, managing external technical support team and
ensuring timely and successful resolution of issues.
· Act as project manager, working with external service providers and internal team to
execute system implementations, changes and manage change control.
· Provide subject matter expertise, and training to users, company employees, and
· Develop,implement and ensure compliance with company IT policies & procedures
outlining cybersecurity, quality of data, and protocols for changes,customization
· Maintain and manage company confidentiality and security of information systems,
respond to security incidents and perform routine security audits.
· Ensure appropriate processes are in place for back-ups, data protection, disaster recovery,
and failover procedures.
· Maintain up to date knowledge of technology, especially NetSuite functionality, through
publications and educational opportunities.
Secondary Responsibilities (5%)
· Coordinates research and recommendations on potential hardware, software and
· Plan for appropriate storage capacity, transmission speed and database performance.
· Maintain and clean up computers, data room, and network infrastructure
· Perform routine data audits and resolve identified issues.
Knowledge,Skills and Abilities Required: