Looking for a Sr Software Engineer - BackEnd for a FTE Chicago based company
Our client is embarking on an exciting journey to build core engineering competencies that will enable them to make 100s of targeted releases daily and giving them the best experience possible.
Your objective will be to build and support robust tools and applications that support our business. To be successful in this role you must be the kind of software engineer who can produce fast, space and memory efficient code. Our client has endless data being shipped around between applications and they cannot afford to fall behind. We are looking for engineers that are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills that will continue to make a difference as client takes their next steps.
• Python experience +
• As you are developing, testing should be at the forefront of your mind. Everything moving to production should have a unit test along with it.
• Utilize Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, RabbitMQ among others.
• Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Redis application knowledge
• Understanding of the tools and services offered by a cloud service provider in order to choose the best option for your application.
• Giit push origin source-control
• Degree in Computer Science, a related technical or scientific field, or equivalent experience
• 4-6 years experience as a software engineer
• Familiarity with continuous integration and build tools
• Mastery of one programming language and working knowledge of at least one other
• Familiarity with multiple frameworks from languages and domains
• Understanding of multiple programming paradigms
• Good grasp of design patterns and anti-patterns