Our Customer looking for a talented and energetic Senior Systems Engineer to play a critical role on our global IT Infrastructure team with an exceptional culture.
This role will be tasked with modernizing, transforming, and optimizing our compute environment -both on-premise and in the cloud- to ensure maximum value and productivity for our business stakeholders.
This position will be primarily focused on Microsoft Server operating systems and supporting technologies, as well as VMWare, Azure, AWS and related software, tools, and solutions.
The successful candidate will have deep technical knowledge of the required technologies, and demonstrable experience leading other modernization and transformative initiatives.
· Overall technical ownership of all on-premise and Cloud systems and related
technologies: (Windows Server, VMWare, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, etc.)
· Work cross-functionally with peers and business partners to ensure that all systems are
engineered, deployed, and configured according business requirement and industry best-
practices to ensure maximum efficiency, availability, and productivity
· Define and maintain standards, policies, and procedures governing the Systems
· Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and thought leader for other members of the IT
· Ensure all systems are integrated monitoring and reporting systems
· Work closely with external sourcing partner to ensure that all support standards and
SLAs are met or exceeded.
· Design, Build and maintain operational KPIs and other supporting artifacts to ensure a
standard of operational excellence.
· Drive whiteboard conversations.
· Build and deliver presentations to management and executive leadership, as required.
· Support and/or lead proof-of-concept efforts
· Must be a self-starter with ability to work with minimal direction or supervision
· Provides areas for improvement and has direct influence on training/validating new
· Engages on developing new products and innovating new solutions
· 7+ years’ experience in systems design and engineering
· 7+ years’ experience in Windows Server Operating Systems and related Microsoft
applications, tools and services such as Active Directory, NTFS, Radius, Group Policy & Data
· 7+ years’ experience in VMWare Server Virtualization, TCP/IP services and solutions
· 5-7 years’ experience in planning Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery operations
· 3-5 years’ experience with ADFS, SSO, Certificates and related functions
· 3-5 years’ experience planning and supporting Azure and/or AWS environments
· 3-5 years’ experience leading and supporting Cloud Migrations and Hybrid Cloud
· 3-5 years’ experience in supporting Microsoft O365 (Exchange, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
· Experience in managing Cisco UCS – Unified Computing Solutions
· Solid understanding and experience of
· Solid understanding of IT Networking and related services
Desired Non-technical Skills:
· Proven thought leadership skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of
management; both technical and non-technical.
· Excellent project management and planning skills.
· Solid Power Point and presentation skills
· Good organizational, time-management, and supervisory skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Strong understanding of ITIL framework and principals.
· Strong adherence to Change Management and commitment to customer satisfaction
· Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or
related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
· Relevant professional certifications beneficial: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco Data
Center, AWS and others.
· May involve extensive periods of standing, walking and sitting.
· This role will cover multiple geographies and at times may require up to 10% travel