This position is for a Network Engineer working in conjunction with our customer. See description below
South 6 - Network Engineer
· Execute Implementation Plans for Layer 2/3 enterprise networks that include Spanning
Tree, virtual local area networks (VLANs), Virtual Port Channels (VPCs), PortChannels,
redundant connectivity to ISPs, complex routing/switching infrastructure, extranet
connectivity, data center design, and Wide Area Network (WAN) Integration.
· These tasks shall be performed in an environment that includes network interfaces using a
variety of network data link technologies such as wired Ethernet, enterprise Wi-Fi and serial
interfaces/leased TELCOM connections using Frame Relay, VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), and High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC).
· Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First
(OSPF),Routing Information Protocol (RIP) internal routing protocols, and Border Gateway
· Deploy, configure, and maintain site-to-site and client-based Virtual Private Networks(VPNs),
configure Internet Protocol Security (IPsec), and design, deploy, configure and maintain
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) tunnels.
· Deploy Network Protection Plans to include firewall perimeters.
· Deploy, administer, configure, update, and maintain firewall perimeters.
· Expand network capabilities through bandwidth optimization, effective transport protocols
application, and Quality of Service (QOS).
Qualification and Experience
· Hands on experience with industry network protocols (TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS,
VLANs, Wireless LANs and VPN)
· Strong knowledge and experience in routing and switching protocol, WAN technologies
including MPLS, Point to Point, MAN and Wireless; LAN technologies including LAN design
standards and best practices,Data Center network Design and Wireless solutions; and
security standards with ASA firewall, design and best practices
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to clearly
communicate complex findings and present them to ensure audience appeal at various
levels of the organization and with clients
· Exercise independent judgment in methods,techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining
· Customer service, process and solution oriented
· 2 years of relevant experience
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%