- Provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for system operations.
- Install Linux operating systems
- Apply system patches and perform vulnerability management.
- Will work as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers and potentially clustered systems
- Provide support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance, correct errors, or fulfill specific needs.
- Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, developing operating policy, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization.
- Support of individual Linux servers and software will be required
Qualifications and Experience
- Hands-on expertise with Red Hat LINUX system administration.
- Proficiency in Linux system security and patch management.
- Strong working knowledge of Tape Libraries, SAN Storage Solutions, such as NAS appliances such as NETAPP's and Dell are required.
- Experience working with Dell PowerEdge server hardware.
- Experience in writing shell scripts and/or in Perl.
- Experience in administering systems in a networked environment.
- Experience in MS Hyper-V and/or VMware.
- Proficiency in DNS, NFS, NIS, Active Directory, and LDAP.
- RedHat Linux certification a plus.
- Ability to automate installation and maintenance tasks preferred.
- Familiarity with the Linux subsystem on Windows also desired.
- 3+ years of experience in system administration
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%