This position is in the field of Help Desk Support working in conjunction with Dell as part of their remote Incident Response Team.
· Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous
· Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name,
department,contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
· Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the
appropriately experienced technician.
· Record,track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all
successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked
questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software,
installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of
workstations,printers, and peripherals.
· Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
· Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
· 2 Years of relevant work experience in aservice desk environment
· Intermediate knowledge of Windowsoperating systems
· Intermediate knowledge of mobile deviceoperating systems such as Android and iOS
· Experience working with service managementtools such as Service Now or Remedy
· Strong technical problem-solving skills
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%