Data Center Storage Engineer
This position is for a Data Center Storage Engineer working in conjunction with our customer. See description below
South 6 - Data Center Storage Engineer
- Engineer, design, implement, upgrade, harden, and manage customer SAN/NAS environments.
- Troubleshooting storage and networking issues as it concerns storage.
- Gathering requirements and providing technical planning and documentation to meet future storage needs on a project by project basis.
- Provide for data backup, restoration and redundancy in line with customer requirements.
- Perform work on Cisco SAN Fabrics, Brocade SAN Fabrics, and EMC SAN/NAS storage technologies.
Qualification and Experience
- 5 years storage experience.
- Experience with EMC storage solutions.
- Experience documenting technical solutions utilizing Microsoft Vizio.
- Understanding of NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, S3, and FC storage protocols.
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%