This position is for a Senior Cyber Security Liaison for the Ohio Secretary State. National Security Clearance upon request. There are 5 OPEN SPOTS for this Role
The ideal resource will promote best practices that further enhance and improve the cyber security baseline of the election security ecosystem. Examples of assistance activities provided include, but will not be limited to the following: assistance with tool, software or hardware integration; software and patch management support; network analysis review;incident response planning and exercising; tier one incident management and forensic collection support; and general engineering technical assistance
The candidate will collaborate and work with different parties from the customer daily.
1) Candidates must be US citizens, pass a criminal background check and be able to obtain a national security clearance upon request.
2) Provide customer service and outreach by responding to emails and phone calls from customer's IT, technical support and stakeholders regarding alert notifications and any cyber incidents they may be experiencing.
3) Collaborate with internal IT engineering teams and external technical and non technical partners to ensure maximum awareness of any and all cyber trends that could impact the customer entities. Assisting Customer's support team with troubleshooting challenging issues.
4) Ability to research,, validate, and share threat data under stressful circumstances.
5) Familiarity with threat intel and the ability to monitor and analyze network traffic across internal organization and external county sensors searching for malicious activity.
6) Familiarity with performing security assessments to assist the Customer in ensuring that security compliance is being achieved.
7) Support boards of elections to ensure that critical patches and security controls are applied in a timely manner.
8) Assist the Customer in implementing the required cyber security controls.
9) Have the requisite expertise and availability to immediately assist in incident response should the need arise.
10) Within 1 hour, respond to communication from the Customer and appropriate third parties regarding any major cyber security incident.
11) Within 4 hours, the resource must be onsite at the impacted county for any major incident.
Qualifications and Experience
· Must hold at least one industry cyber security certification
· Comp TIACybersecurity Analyst CySA+ preferred
· Experience with security monitoring tools, such as Carbon Black, Windows Defender
Advanced Threat Protection(ATP), Azure ATP, Office 365 ATP
· Experience with security incident and event monitoring solutions such as Splunk and
· Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
· Monitors and communicates threat intelligence from various resources that is relevant to
our client's networks and systems.
· Performs vulnerability and configuration management scans and communicates results
to system owners for remediation.
· Participates in the response to cyber incidents by gathering data and artifacts relevant to
· Provides production support to security systems