This position is for a Azure Architect working in conjunction with our customer. See description below
South 6 - Azure Architect
- Deploy highly available, scalable and secure cloud infrastructure with a focus on Azure (AWS is a plus) using industry best practices.
- Define and implement infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques to migrate workloads into Azure.
- Design and develop automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration process.
- Work closely with the Development and Operations team to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS) and options to support the migration process. This will include and not limited to Azure database migration technologies and refactoring options.
- Work closely with product owners, to gather technical requirements, architect solutions, and execute on deliverables
- Application rationalization, scoring, mapping dependencies and define roadmaps to support the application migration
- Analyze and resolve configuration issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Build effective monitoring, logging and auditing of production systems
Qualification and Experience
- 2 years of proven experience with cloud infrastructure (VM, SQL, VNET, User defined routes, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Traffic Manager, Azure Automation, Storage, ARM Templates, Azure Load balancer, API Gateway and Azure AD)
- On-premise infrastructure (AD, DNS, VMWare, Hyper-V, Load balancer, firewalls, routing)
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Azure and 3rd party monitoring tools
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
- Microsoft Certified Azure Architect Expert a plus
- Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%