This position is in the field of AWS Architect working in conjunction with Dell as part of their remote Incident Response Team.
· At the Enterprise Level, contribute to cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall
Cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions.
· Support AWS system for large scale user base
· Exp with Windows, Active Directory, Servers, storage, VMWare
· Actively participate as an AWS technical SME on teams to help promote the development
of Cloud solutions.
· Establish standards, guidance and best practices for AWS Solutions.
· Establish the appropriate monitoring and alerting of solution events related to
scalability, availability, and reliability.
· Monitor environment for usage and performance metrics.
· Available on call support for Production issues.
· Provides technical leadership, guidance and direction to other team members
· Maintaina high degree of customer satisfaction through the implementation,investigation,
analysis, training and relationship building efforts.
· 2 or more years of IT implementation experience using AWS
· Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best
practices,project management and risk mitigation
· Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business
software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute,storage,
and virtualization experience
· Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative
· Integration of cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle,
· Scripting and/or coding skills
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route 53 & S3)
· Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed
· Leading highly available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
· Larges cale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
· Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
· Configuration management using Cloud Formation, Chef & Puppet
· Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or
· Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring,
alerting and notifications
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving
· Excellent understanding of business complexity and project inter dependencies
· Excellent communication, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
· Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to executive levels, non-technical
staff and end users in both business and IT terms
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Exceptional customer service orientation
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Ability to travel 75%